About This Blog

Come one, come all. Take a gander at our excursions whether great or small. Add in your two cents and you may be surprised what you get in return! Uhh...probably nothing but a good laugh.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Trip to Colorado


This is Horsetooth Mountain in Fort Collins, CO. I woke up Saturday morning at 4:00 a.m. and got ready to catch the shuttle to SLC by 5:00 a.m. We actually left 20 minutes late because some kid was late coming up from Marsh Valley or somewhere--I was nervous I'd miss my flight. BUT I didn't, Phew! We got to the airport at 8:00 and I flew out at 9:00. Jill picked me up in Denver--boy what a mess. That airport is confusing! I had no idea where I was supposed to go to get picked up! I didn't have Jill's cell phone number with me so I had to call around to get that, but eventually tracked her down in the parking lot. I felt like I was in the mall with no exits, not an airport. Anyway, we got to Fort Collins by noonish. Jill's family was ready for a hike. I thought to myself, "can I take a nap first? I'm eshausted" We rested for a little bit, but then it was off for a "little" hike. We started hiking at about 2:30. There was a nice trail blazed, we took turns carrying the bag of snacks and water. We got to the top by about 4:00. It was a beautiful view.

At the top, Andrew (my nephew) started eating an apple. I told him how Grandma (my Mom) eats the apple straight through, seeds and all, instead of eating around the core and throwing it away. He was bound and determined to eat that whole apple. It took him about 10 minutes and a few grimaces, but he did it!

I always take pictures of trees--dead trees. Althoug this tree isn't dead, I thought it was cool how it was growing in the side of the rock.







No comments: